HEADER BLOG TITLE

24/07/2013

Necklace and Mauritius!



Hello!  By the time this posting is published via the blogger scheduling option, we are enjoying a two week tropical island holiday - snorkeling, exploring lesser known roads on scooters, enjoying street food, scouting for interesting photo opportunities and so forth. Ah bliss. We felt like a simple holiday in the sun, a short flight away and found ourselves booking a trip to Mauritius for the third time. Mauritius is highly commercial, let's hope that the back streets of Port Louis deliver on the street photography front! 

The kids are on a two month Summer Holiday due to them doing an International Curriculum and we are therefore not bound by South African school years and terms. Even though it is currently winter in South Africa, the atmosphere of Summer Holidays prevails at the Pigtails Residence.  


Necklace:
Yarn: Vinnis Nikkim Colours
Hook Size: 3mm


I will be wearing this necklace with either one of three dresses in charcoal, dove grey and teal I picked up from The Space. Wardrobe wise I seem to enjoy simple, well cut dresses at the moment but sadly decent clothing shops in South Africa offering a well cut garment in great fabric is a bit thin on the ground. I used to love shopping for almost all my wardrobe needs from Nu Women or when in need for something special I favour Ann Demeulemeester, none of which is available here. I don't like shopping online so that option is out. Oh, and I will give anything to step foot into Sephora for make up shopping again!  
 


Please Note:

This necklace was inspired by the work of another hooker. I found the photo on Pinterest and the link led me here.  I am struggling to trace the original source as it has been uploaded by a pinner without reference. Please let me know if anyone recognizes the necklace which was originally hooked in grey and mustard. Stet:  The garland was originally hooked by Kaati Rockett and featured in a Holiday Crafts Magazine published by Better Homes and Gardens as per Kaati's blog.  

Thank you so much Jeanette for your reply.  I use a slightly different method to trace photos but your recommendation is much better.  Thank you for the link to the original source. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    you can find the orignal necklace here http://kaatirocksit.blogspot.ie/2010/08/my-holiday-garland-in-holiday-crafts.html
    Here is a great tutorial on how to find original links http://www.graphicsfairy-crafts.com/2012/03/how-to-find-original-source-of-image-on.html
    Love your necklace and boy...would I love to go to Mauritius. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette, I logged in especially to keep my eye on the posting as I don't want to trod the dark side with regard to original pieces by other people!

      Delete
  2. The necklace is fabulous! Your use of colour is gorgeous (as per usual BTW). Thanks for sharing.
    And oh, Mauritius, sounds great - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace! So unique!Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to have you visit my blog sometime.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete