HEADER BLOG TITLE

10/01/2015

The Garden


Hello, I am just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year! Please accept my apologies for not participating in Instagram and blogging initiatives at the moment. As mentioned in the last posting, I am snowed under with professional projects, research work and business travelling.  

The photo above is an update of The Garden throw, the most beautiful pattern I blogged about previously.  I have finished about forty 25x25cm squares to date.  It is gorgeous, I cannot wait to see it in all it's full glory once finished.

We made time to visit a great new souq/bazaar here in Qatar, located in a town with the name Al Wakra, just south from Doha.  The maize of buildings stretches for 3 kilometers along the Arabian Sea with an esplanade running down the open beach side. It is build to reflect the town's fishing village heritage and features aged walls and brightly painted wooden doors. The souq will eventually be home to hundreds of shops and eateries. Only a handful are open at the moment and judging by the beautiful cafe in which we enjoyed coffee and cakes, we can look forward to atmospheric and quint eateries. Magical, I love Arabia!

Have a great week.  Cheers!


13 comments:

  1. Wow, wow and wow, this is incredibly a*m*a*z*i*n*g! You did it again. Love it to bits.I wish I could swim in those colours... For now I'm just staring at my screen, mesmerized by all the gorgeousness.
    BTW, I am really relieved to see a post of you popping up! I was just about to send you an email to ask if you were allright. ;-)
    Oh, happy new year for all of you of course!
    xhaafner
    PS. And now I'm going to stare at your work again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your photos of Doha and its surroundings really exhale peace and calm... I am gettting more and more intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your collages…. beautiful colours and atmosphere…..
    Buon 2015 Magda!!!
    ….btw, even your blocks are gorgeous!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this post had a few bits in that jumped out at me... I am currently in the process of doing the drainage system design for the new Al Wakrah stadium, I have yet to go over there for any meetings but i have been asked a couple of times, it looks like an interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting Clareio! The souk is not finished yet, but it is a fabulous space to enjoy nonetheless. A few cafes and Royal Tandoori is open for the time being. Glad to see someone working on drainage, given that this is a foreign concept in the ME where homes and streets are concerned LOL.

      Delete
  5. Wow, a lovely photos!!!!! A great place!
    Happy New Year, Maga!
    kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! Haafner, I will send you an e-mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your squares are totally stunning and I can't wait to see the finished blanket. I am so glad I found you and look forward to all your fabulous photos here and on IG. I used to travel in the Middle East a lot (previous life!) and simply loved it. Aching to go back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I can't wait to see ready blanket :)

    Ewela

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you Magda? Still busy busy busy?
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete