HEADER BLOG TITLE

25/08/2015

Bryce Crochet Bag

Pattern: Bryce Bag by Lakeside Loops 
Hello!  I just want to show you the lovely bag that I finished early this morning!  Yes, it is hot of the hooks and I am already putting good use to it by wearing it today! 
I used a 5mm crochet hook and two strands of yarn to hook this sturdy bag and lined it in plain black linen. This is the child sized bag, but I added a few extra rounds to make it a little longer. Once I lay my hands on a 10+ ply cotton, I will also make a striped version in the Adult size.

The Yarn
I used MoYa Yarn, a hand dyed organic cotton in a hight twist from South Africa. The excellent news is that this one of a kind yarn is available from stockists in The Netherlands, Germany, France, Russia, Namibia and Australia! If you enjoy texture, this yarn is a must try.
For contrast, the rope was hooked in a silver grey King Cole Bamboo Cotton. I also used 2 strands DK, but downsized to a 4mm hook.




The Outfit
The bag looks fantastic styled with a pure linen Kaftan style dress from Nu, Oxfords from Uterque, and neckpiece from Laardesign.  I love the simplicity of the look and the natural fabrics are most suited to the hot and humid climate of the Middle East. No doubt I enjoy fashion! I keep my wardrobe small and minimalist though and can confess that I only have a grand total of 4 lipsticks in my make up bag.  Can't make the same statement regarding my shoe obessession . . .  






Have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. nice outfit. ♥ greetings from gisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immediately fell in love with that bag, the instant I saw it on Instagram ! It is just gorgeous ! I love the "modest" colours you've used, it gives the bag a very stylish look !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid! PS I posted a comment on your blog that needs to be removed once you read it. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Muy bonito todo, me gusta el outfit que armaste.
    Bonita semana ^u^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity does it.. once again! Very nice bag and so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag and nice outfit.

    Greetings, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new bag and this simple style!
    I love it, Magda! hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag and how well it complements your gorgeous outfit! Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made some crochet bag but this looks great ! happy to know your blog and works ! amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is actually a wonderful post. In fact, I have seen one of the best posts ever seen in my whole life. Thanks.
    visit link https://www.onlinefastservice.com/product/buy-lead-generation/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate the way you people woocommerce configuration my plugin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete