HEADER BLOG TITLE

19/06/2013

Pigtails Crochet Mag now available on Flipboard!


Pigtails Crochet Mag is now available on Flipboard (Download Flipboard for free - iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire & NOOK). Catch up on the latest news re all matter hooky, discover amazing things from around the world and stay connected with the craft!


Oh I love where social media & technology is takings us - uhm not that it is always that easy to stay on top of all the latest developments, but at least us bloggers try. I decided to try my hand at a mini magazine on Flipboard 'cause I don't like Twitter, can't be bother with Tumblr and Facebook Fatigue is setting in worldwide. If you have access to Flipboard, feel free to join my space.

Copyright is a territory that is becoming increasingly difficult to manage - please let me know if you see any of your postings flipped and would like me to remove the content.

Have a wonderful week, I see my friends in the Northern Hemisphere are enjoying beautiful sunny days. It is sunny here too, but cool, winter, brrr. Cheers!





11 comments:

  1. hello Pigtails, I saw at Annie's blog, your blog is beautiful!! I'm following! kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. each social media service serves a different purpose. I get all of my news from twitter and don't know what i'd do without it. Yet my partner prefers to read newspapers and listen to the radio.
    I'm downloading flipboard now - if it doesn't fill a void i didn't know i had, or get used more than once in a week i'll delete it.
    plus i really like the look of those crochet hearts. that's enough of an incentive to try something new.
    social media should benefit the user - if it doesn't why bother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - they are all different and all of the sites can furthermore be used for different purposes! There are some great Tumblrs for crochet such as this one http://podkins.tumblr.com/ I think Twitter is about the best resource for news that is sure, for Education purposes as well but boy, can some people spew drivel on there too LOL. How are you finding Flipboard?

      Delete
  3. I love your blog and adore the colours you use for your crochet. So happy that I found your blog! I will give flipboard a test drive. So far it seems interesting, but I will need some time to really learn how to use it. Great idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping over and reading my blog - I love your blog to bits!

      Delete
  4. Love your magazine!
    I downloaded Flipboard for it and feeling very much on top of social media because of that. ;-) Twitter doesn't seem to work for me either - yet.
    Have a creative weekend!
    Haafner
    PS. Thanks for adding one of my projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dotty doily made the most beautiful cover page - I was just worried that you would whack me over the head for using your blog to promote another magazine (although it links back to you)! I enjoy scanning through Flipboard for all sorts of info - the history blogs, news, culture, photography etc and realised that Crochet mags with nice stuff were thin on the ground. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. hi you have opened up a new world for me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow an internet magazine. Purely genious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had uploaded Flipboard onto my iPad a while back but didn't use it much for reasons I can't quite fathom ... I just subscribed to you there... I must explore more. I currently use Pinterest as my pin up notebook for fiber craft and ideas, but it's hard to wade through so many photos and follow links [which don't always work]. I've decided Facebook is too intrusive with privacy issues ... I refuse to participate other than to read some family updates. Anyway, I just discovered your blog and I'm hooked. I've done my share of traveling the world and lived in France for a few years way back, so even though I only get abroad about once a year now, my heart is on the road. always.

    ReplyDelete