HEADER BLOG TITLE

15/11/2013

Checkerboard Baby Blanket



Checkerboard Baby Blanket

Hook Size: 4mm
Yarn: Vinnis Nikkim 100% cotton, hand dyed
Colours: Pacific blue to join and edge the blanket, Midnight and Natural with small squares in a variety of scraps

Hello!  Two days after I started this baby blanket last week, Jenn from Color 'n Cream blogged about the final version of her Pastel Color  Bomb Blanket and once again I realised that the granny square is simply one of the most beautiful and versatile of designs.  I love Jenn's version, oh my goodness the colours are scrumptious and her edge is to die for! I also discovered the blogs Dada's PlaceSmall City Gallery (galeryjka za miastem) and Yarning if you would like to explore more amazing work.

Here at the Pigtails Palace The Cat helped as much as he could to finish the throw . . .

 

. . . and together we decided to edge the blanket in a design by Lucy from Attic24


The Cat then said that the Teen should cover her moods in a collection of our throws (I think he is just jealous as she is a delight and he keeps on occupying her couch):

Little Karoo Throw blogged here

Babette Style throw blogged here

Raw Rustic Throw blogged here

Bollywood Throw blogged here

Checkerboard Baby Blanket

Until next time, cheers!

xxxxxx

24 comments:

  1. Your new blanket is gorgious!! And that kitty is so cute :-)
    Have a good weekend,
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Kitty hasn't moved from the couch yet and I need him to open his eyes now to talk an idea for a new filet crochet bag through!

      Delete
  2. yes, the new blanket is simply gorgeous….as your cat!!!!!!
    It's silly and I don't know why, but when I saw the last picture of your post Lord Darth Vader came in my mind!!!!!!
    Happy weekend Magda, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee Ale, I see the Lord Darth Vader too!

      Delete
  3. Omg so gorgeous. Maybe i start one immediately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a relaxing throw to make for a change, not having to count any stitches but simply enjoying the rhythm of the hook and the feeling of the yarn.

      Delete
  4. It is a pretty one indeed. And you started this last week? I´m impressed.
    And that is such a cute assistant. Everyone should have a furry helper, they really are helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so quick to hook as I realised one can hook a granny throw with one eye closed!

      Delete
  5. You are a very creative woman, Magda! I like your work! much!
    and you are right! granny square is really a beautiful motif!
    Kisses fdrom catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cristina! Mmmm I have yet to travel Spain and have to say it is long overdue especially since I do like the food and architecture so much!

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful blankets. And very beautifully modelled too! I especially love the colours in the raw rustic throw. You are such a fast crocheter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! beautiful choice of color. It must be great yarn to work with. Thanx for mentioning my post! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your blankets....even though you have a totally different colour palette from Jenn (as I love her stuff too)...you both have great style and taste and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Your blankets look so awesome. I really like the new one and you finished it so fast.
    Have a nice weekend, my dear♥
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful blanket. Love the tiny spots of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blanket and fan little assistant too!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Magda,

    I love your new blanket! And also love the previous ones, especially the Raw Rustic Throw. Adore those colors!
    Thank you soooo much for mentioning my work on your blog, it's so nice of you! :)

    xxx Dragana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blanket! I love the small pop of colour in the centre of the squares :) ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! great post, great photos.
    I want to make all of them, time to get out the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are BEAUTIFUL blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for all the great comments!

    ReplyDelete