HEADER BLOG TITLE

04/11/2013

Red Moments


Crochet Cowl

Motif: Erica by Amanda Perkins from her book 
Desirable Crochet Motifs, Volume 1, 2008 to 2010 available on Ravelry
Yarn: Elle Pure Gold in Ruby 
Hook Size: 5.5mm

I think Elle Gold is a fantastic yarn for those who enjoy hooking with high quality acrylics. Acrylic yarn however, are no longer suitable to the type of work I prefer to do. Back it is to Vinnis Nikkim 100% cotton (hand dyed)  for my latest baby blanket then!  



It is an absolute joy to have fun once again with the traditional granny square.  Yay, this is like getting into a classic car and taking it for a leisurely Sunday drive. I am not revealing yet whether this will have a romantic, traditional or contemporary feel, what do you think - am I testing new waters?

I was also the October Made it Challenge winner on the blog of the "super funny with a great sense of humour" Maryanne.  It is always a great feeling to be winning something, who doesn't like a reward!  I promised a prize from my hooks for one of the challenges on her blog, but you will need to watch her space to see what I made for the challenge. Please visit her blog and enter the November challenge.  Thank you Maryanne


Have a most enjoyable week!
xxxxx


1 comment: