HEADER BLOG TITLE

01/11/2013

Babette Style Throw

 

Ooooo Yay!



  

F i n a l l y   F i n i s h e d!


This throw has been hanging from the hooks since February will you believe it - it is very unlike me since I prefer to finish my projects as quickly as I possibly can.  The squares were in fact finished a few months ago but the idea of assembling the throw bored me to death.  Earlier this week I decided to just jump in and finish it for once and all.  I think it is a true representation of the initial idea and I like the simpler use of colours on a design that is normally hooked in a myriad of colour combinations.  That said, I will also attempt a true Babette sometime in the future and might just go mad on the colours!

Yarn: Vinnis Nikkim
Hook Size: 3,75 mm

Previously blogged about here and here

What are you working on?  I need to focus on finishing the Amanda Perkins designed triangles now and will hopefully showcase another throw soon.  

Have a great weekend!
xxxx



The Idea



The Plan



The Result

 

On the bed, however it will not be staying on this particular bed



The back - squares joined with Slip Stitch



The kids monkeying around with a piece they say the love!



21 comments:

  1. I remember very well the posts about this blanket to be!!!!
    I think that this is a happy and colourful blanket!!!
    happy weekend, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ale, I am happy with the results. Please enjoy a Kaya Toastie and pandan balls on my behalf this weekend!

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely on any bed I would think. I love the combination of the colors and the different sizes of the squares. Very nice!
    Greetings, Nelleke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous throw! Such vibrant colours.... Lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous throw abs it looks simply wonderful on your bed. Love your inspiration too!! A very clever project, so well done!!! Love that pretty chest of drawers too !! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! And it always feels good to finish a big project like this..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such bright and vibrant shades! Loved the way it lights up your space and would look awesome anywhere/anyplace :) Congrats on the color explosion successfully hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the simpler squares and colours look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely stunning, a real labour of love xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the colors of your blanket. It's so beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great blanket! The border is also beautiful. Have a nice weekend, Marijtje

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!
    A great work,really!!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!
    all that done by your hands, isn't it wonderfull?
    Yes it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on completion of your beautiful blanket! I love the traditional lacy edging which gives it character and your colours are very modern. It doesn't matter that it has taken a long time - the result is worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all the great replies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats it looks stunning the bed looks so inviting, you must be thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! pretty Blanket. Beautiful colors. And I love the edging. Can I get a pattern for that some where??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn, I've just send you a message on your. Facebook page. Cheers!

      Delete
  17. It looks lovely. I'm working on a throw myself. That takes a long time indeed.
    (Can you explain the difference between a throw and a blanket? Or is there no difference?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilde! A blanket is large and normally covers the mattress whereas a throw is a smaller blanket and is used mostly by an individual to wrap themselves when taking a nap or watching TV. Afghans could be either a throw or a blanket but is made out of geometrical patterns (the term originates in Afghanistan where patterns were elaborate and sometimes with big holes in and between motifs. In America an afghan is draped over sofas or armchairs. Mostly though I think the terms became cultural and people living in different parts of the world use different terms, irrespective of items sizes. xxx

      Delete
  18. Nice work, cheerful and warm colors.
    Joana

    ReplyDelete